Posted Sunday, May08, 2011By now, you may have heard that soy-based inks are better for the environment then petroleum-based inks, but why? What makes soy-based inks so much more environmentally friendly then petroleum-based inks? The answer to this question is that there are many reasons why soy ink is preferred over petroleum ink. We have outlined a small list below of some of the biggest advantages soy inks provide over traditional petroleum-based inks.
- Soy inks contain non-toxic soybean oil. This is the same oilPrintsPal Green Footprint that is used in many cooking oils, dressings, and thousands of other foods a beverages.
- Soy inks create extremely vivid colors that seem to "jump" right off the page at you.
- Soy inks help prevent pollution due to its simple compound and consumes much less energy to make compared to petroleum-based inks.
- Soy inks help promote paper recycling. They can be easily removed from paper, which is helpful in recycling as it is quicker to process the paper.
- Soy inks are comparably priced to petroleum inks.
- Soy inks do not rely on the oil reserves of other nations. It can be easily grown and is readily available right here in the USA.
- Soy inks are used by 25%+ of the nations offset printing companies. (PrintsPal.com is one of them)
- Soy inks are stable throughout the printing process. This will result in fewer rejects at the end of the printing process; saving time, resources, and headaches.
Soy inks mark a great advancement within the print industry to a more efficient, cost-effective, and eco-firendly printing system. As you can see from the list above, soy inks can provide many benefits over petroleum ink. Many online print companies are realizing this more and more each day.