Posted Friday, November20, 2015
- Prepare in advance. No matter how well you think you know your material, it's important to go through everything a few times before a big meeting or presentation. The more prepared you are and the more knowledgeable you are of your material, the more you will have to offer and the better the overall results will be.
- Arrive with all of the necessary material including sufficient business cards, printed versions of your presentation, brochures and any other support material that can aid what you have to say and provide attendees with an easy way to reach you in the future.
- Dress to impress. Wear professional attire and pay attention to details. Professional grooming and dress is a reflection of your professionalism on the job and it will also give you a great boost of confidence to take your presentation to the next level.
- Listen to what others have to say and be willing to consider the opinions and ideas of others.
- Leave room to answer any questions regarding your presentation or anything you've contributed to a meeting. It's another opportunity to support your ideas and one more opportunity to get more people on board with your latest vision.